IEEE SOCC 2016 is inviting researchers, scientists and engineers in SoC community to organize focused sessions which concentrate on critical and emerging topics in SoC technology. We expect that these special sessions will raisevisibility on topics of focused interest in particular scientific or application areas,establish synergies, and explore new opportunities. The emerging topics and focuses, such as SoC for IoT, big data, and machine learning, are particularly encouraged.
Each session is expected to have four (or five) speakers including the organizer who provides an overview of the topic area and three (or four) contributors exploring different facets of the chosen topic. The organizer of the special session is responsible for selecting speakers and ensuring publication quality in the session.
The special session proposal should include:
- The title of the special session;
- The rationale of the need for the special session at IEEE SOCC 2016 and must explain how it is different from the subjects covere by the regular sessions;
- The short biography of the organizers;
- A list of four (or five) contributed presentations (including title, presenter, contact information of the corresponding presenter, and an abstract for each presentation);
- An overview paper from the organizer in full version.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the needs of the topic, the qualifications of the organizers and the presenters of the session.
Each presenter of the accepted special session will be informed to submit a full version paper up to 6 pages, covering the main aspects of the presentation. For submission instruction, please refer to the regular paper submission guidelines. All special papers will undergo the same review process as the regular papers. Note that if fewer papers in a special session are accepted, the special session may be cancelled and the accepted special papers will go to regular sessions.